Heat attenuation is the reduction of heat intensity through a medium, such as a mesh screen.
Designed to protect window openings that are less than 3m from a property boundary or within 6m of another building in the same property. The Flame Guard M’s purpose is to reduce any radiant heat transmitted from one area to another, helping to prevent the spread of fire between buildings.
Specially developed for Fire Engineers and Architects to be used in lieu of Deemed-to-Satisfy systems, this Heat Attenuation Screen can also provide security and fall prevention. The Flame Guard M system consists of a perimeter aluminium frame that can be powder coated a standard colour. This is fixed to the perimeter of the window opening using a continuous angle or direct fixed to the wall. The mesh consists of a 0.9mm thick woven stainless steel which is coated black to reduce the reflection of light. The free area of the mesh is 49%.
- Available with powder coated perimeter frame to match any colour in the Dulux Duralloy range
- May fulfil a security function
- May be retrofit over any style of existing window
- Minimal side wall clearance/usage requirements
- Custom built to suit each project
- Constructed from architectural grade aluminium frame and high tensile 316 stainless steel mesh.
- Highly corrosion resistant and exceptionally strong
- 0.8 mm thick woven stainless steel mesh, coated black to reduce light reflection
- Exceeds all relevant Australian and industry standards.
Note: The Australian Window Association “Window Safety Tips” recommends ‘If you have young children in your home and are considering installing security screens be aware that the security screen may prevent escape in case of fire. Ensure at least one window in the room has a release mechanism on the security screen.’